Have a high-carbohydrate, moderate-protein and low-fat and fiber meal 3 to 4 hours before the game. Eat a snack about an hour before the opening whistle.
What should I eat 3 hours before a game?
Gather together the family for a pre-game breakfast about three hours before the event. Serve sliced and lightly grilled potatoes paired with scrambled eggs and fruit such as berries along with calcium-fortified 100% fruit juice or fat-free milk for a nutritious pre-game meal. Don’t light-load or skip lunch.
What should I eat 2 hours before a soccer game?
You should have dinner at least 2 hours before going to bed and the food should be easy to digest: cooked pasta or rice, vegetable salad, lean fish or French omelette, fruit or yoghurt or bread, and also don’t forget to drink, mainly water.
How many hours before soccer should I eat?
Each player is different, but most will often eat a pre-game meal around 3 to 4 hours before the start of the match. This meal should contain some carbohydrate for fuel as well as some fluids for hydration. A small amount of protein in the pre-game meal is also useful, as it can help to prevent hunger during the game.
What should I eat before a soccer game early?
Early morning options
Eat a quick and easy snack with about 200 to 400 calories (depending on your body size and workout intensity). Some popular options include: English muffin, toast, bagel or banana (with peanut butter); oatmeal, a smoothie, Fig Newtons, or granola bar.
How can I get energy before a game?
Tired? These 9 Tips Will Help Increase Your Game Day Stamina
- Don’t forget to sleep. Get some good rest the night before a game. …
- Start with a good breakfast and lunch. …
- H20 is your friend, so drink lots of it. …
- Sports drinks to the rescue. …
- Beware of energy drinks. …
- Keep snacks on deck. …
- Halftime = break time. …
- Practice makes perfect.
What are five healthy snacks for an athlete?
What kind of snacks should I eat?
- Apple or banana slices and peanut butter.
- Whole-grain crackers and cheese.
- Carrot and celery sticks with dressing.
- Cottage cheese or yogurt with fresh or canned fruit.
- Energy bars, breakfast bars, or granola bars.
- Crackers and hummus (garbanzo bean dip)
- Trail mix with nuts and dried fruit.
What does Messi eat before a game?
Most soccer players are known to eat a lot of chicken and pasta as a standard per-game meal, but Messi, it’s been said, he likes soup. Yes, hot soup prior to each match. No, actually he likes Spanish tapas, especially those little sandwiches with fish in them.
Is peanut butter good before a soccer game?
Also, a snack that travels well is best, since travel to and from games is commonplace. Make sure to avoid fatty foods, extra sweet foods, and caffeine. … Here are some examples of good pre-practice and pre-game snacks: Whole grain bread w/peanut butter.
What should you not eat before a game?
Pre-game meals should also be pretty bland as to not upset the stomach. Spicy foods should be avoided. Pasta, bread, fruits and vegetables are all great foods to eat for your pre-game meal. Foods you’ll want to stay away from are french fries, hamburgers, bacon, and other foods that are high in fat and protein.
What is a high carb breakfast?
- Whole-grain bread with protein. …
- Loaded old-fashioned oatmeal. …
- Whole grain cereal with fruit. …
- Homemade breakfast sandwich.
What is a good pre match meal?
What should the pre-match meal be like?
- Abundant in simple carbohydrates, such as white bread, cereals, fruit, etc.
- Slightly loaded with protein, digestible and with little fat, such as turkey, fresh cheese, skimmed yoghurt, etc.
- Avoid fatty foods, as they slow down digestion.
- Avoid spicy foods with high fiber content.
What do you eat for breakfast on game day?
What to eat for breakfast on game day
- Whole grain cereal, low-fat milk, sliced strawberries.
- Greek yogurt with blueberries and a sprinkle of granola.
- Eggs, whole wheat toast with peanut butter and a fruit smoothie.
- Oatmeal topped with chopped almonds and sliced bananas.
What is the best breakfast to have before a soccer game?
Three to four hours before a game, soccer players should have a breakfast based primarily on carbohydrates, such as 1 cup of oatmeal paired with low-fat milk, a glass of orange juice, a banana and a piece of whole-wheat toast.
What does Ronaldo eat before a soccer game?
Athletes like Cristiano Ronaldo eat a breakfast that is rich in complex carbohydrates and a moderate amount of protein such as fruit, whole-grain cereals, eggs or milk.
Is oatmeal good before a game?
Well it’s true! Start the day with a breakfast containing carbs (such as whole-wheat bread or cereal) and a source of protein (such as eggs, yogurt, or milk). Oatmeal made with milk; last night’s dinner leftovers; an egg sandwich; or a smoothie made with fruit, yogurt, and milk are all great breakfast choices.